Follow the recipe below for a brunch worthy of any special occasion - with limited resources - and enjoy with your loved ones!
- Pancake mix or your favorite pancake recipe, prepared
- Approx. 1 cup of Chocolate chips
- 1 carton of strawberries
- 1-2 pints blueberries
- Pour pancake batter onto a greased, non-stick skillet. Immediately after pouring on, add a small handful of chocolate chips (enough to your heart's desire!) once the edges bubble and bottom is cooked, flip only once - cook until golden brown.
- Once pancake is ready, flip so that the "top" (read: prettier) side is facing up on a plate
- Continue preparing pancakes and stacking on the storing plate.
- While you are cooking the pancakes, prepare your berries: Wash your blueberries. Wash, hull, and halve your strawberries.
- Remove the most ripe strawberries from the bunch, and put them into a microwave-safe bowl or small Tupperware. Use a fork to mash them very finely.
- Once pancakes are all ready, prep your toppings: microwave "strawberry mash" for 30 seconds, stir, and heat for another 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can heat the mash in the same pan as pancakes were prepared in, on a low setting until warmed.
- For an even more decadent addition, heat a handful or two of chocolate chips with a small pad of butter for 15-30 seconds in the microwave. Stir thoroughly, and repeat as needed. Heat slowly and carefully until runny. DO not over-heat, otherwise you will burn the chocolate. Another way (my preferred method for melting chocolate for drizzling) can be found here.
Create your brunch confection:
Stack pancakes on serving plate, spreading a thin layer of butter on each.
On top of this, arrange blueberries and strawberries with love, drizzle with chocolate, and voila! Enjoy with a warm cup of coffee and a kiss to your loved one.